From 1942 to the present day, the club has prospered and accomplished it’s aims of assistance to Danes and integration into their new country, New Zealand.
- 1942 -The original Danish Association (Inc.) Constitution and Rules.
- 1958 – The Danish Society Inc., Certificate of Incorporation.
- 1966 – Celebrating the opening of the Danish House in Parnell. Booklet and Royal Telegram
- 1991 – 25th anniversary of the Danish House in Parnell
- 1992 – 50th anniversary of Danish Society
All of the pictures and information in the gallery below relating to the Danish Association was copied from an album of newspaper clippings and photos collected by Otto and Nina Hadrup. Thanks to this collection we have been able to discover more about the Auckland Danish Society history.
The establishment of the Danish Association at the start of WWII with the objectives of helping the Allies drive the German forces out of Denmark and assisting the Danish people through their difficulties.
New Zealand danes raising funds for an Ambulance and the local social activities.
Committees that ran the Society over the years. Their leadership kept the club energised and progressive.
Danish Society - Parnell clubhouse
The Society acquired the old Parnell movie theatre and converted it into their club facilities.